Join us at Cloverley Hall retreat centre for a weekend of festivities as we look back at the past 20 years of Urban Expression – celebrating everything that makes us ‘UE’, and dreaming big about where we might go next!
There will be loads going on throughout the weekend, including:
– Open Mic Night
– Hidden Stations
– Creative Activities
– Children’s Programme
– Plus lots of opportunities to catch up and share!
10.00am Arrive and check in
10.30am All age worship
11.00am World Cafe – PAST
On Saturday morning we will hear from former Urban Expression teams, using our 3 values, Relationship, Humility and Creativity to explore where we have come from, and how we got to where we are today!
2.00pm Workshops (part 1) – PRESENT
Seven sessions led by current teams who can help us learn more about our commitments and the many different ways in which we do Mission within Urban Expression.
- Following God on the margins and in the gaps.
- Being Jesus-centred in our view of the Bible, mission and discipleship.
- Seeking God’s kingdom in deprived areas by planting churches and working in partnership
3.30pm Workshops (part 2) – PRESENT
- Vision of justice, peace and human flourishing for areas of deprivation.
- Uncluttered church, focused on mission, rooted in local culture.
- Unconditional service, prioritising the poor and being a voice for the voiceless.
- Respecting and building relationship with other faith communities, averse to all forms of manipulation or erosion of liberty.
5.00pm Open Mic Night & Dinner
9.00am Morning Worship
10.00am Dreaming about the future of UE – where is Urban Expression going? – FUTURE